A MARK AND COUNTING
“The Fairbanking Foundation believes that banking providers should act in the ‘common good’ – that they owe a duty of care to their customers and to the country as a whole. As water companies are obliged to provide a product that is healthy and good for their customers, so too should banks, building societies and other financial institutions. To help to achieve this, the Foundation has been set up as a charity dedicated to encouraging and helping banking institutions improve the financial well-being of their customers.” Antony Elliott, OBE, FCIB Founder, The Fairbanking Foundation
- The Fairbanking Foundation has been set up, as a charity dedicated to encouraging and helping banking institutions to improve the financial well-being of their customers and thereby the UK public as a whole.
Our work is designed to provide well-researched, independent and insightful new input to encourage and assist in producing financial products that enable people to manage their money better.
- The work we do includes:
• customer research to better understand what drives people’s financial well-being
• assessment of banking products against this understanding, and publication of results
• the Fairbanking Mark certification scheme to identify and spotlight the leading products available and encourage competition between providers to offer the best products
• advisory services offered to financial institutions, industry associations and other bodies to encourage the development and improvement of banking products that are helpful to the customer
- Our Patrons
The Most Reverend and Right Honourable Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury
Rt Hon John McFall, Lord McFall of Alcluith
The Archbishop of Westminster, the Most Reverend Vincent Nichols
Sir Anthony Seldon
Find out which UK retail products and Institutions have a Fairbanking Mark.
Find out what Advisory and Training services are available to your business to help with product design and input into strategic plans
We asked credit union members about their experience of having a loan.
What are some of the key benefits of your financial product?
"Do customers really see the benefits of a Fairbanking Mark?"
Asks Rachel O’Shaughnessy, Associate Director of Ipsos Mori Loyalty
Latest news from the Fairbanking Foundation
All that is new and noteworthy. Find out about the work we have been doing with Orbit Housing Association.
Fairbanking Research Reports
Take a look at the latest research and our findings on the financial well-being of customers.